Sunday, April 3, 2011

Some pictures, and hello from Solwezi

 
I have made it to the Northwestern provincial house in Solwezi. Here are a few pictures finally.
My homestay family in Chishiko. In front Gloria and Grace. In back, Mary, Ataata Ozwell, and Amaama Jessica.
My itala


This chameleon was going as fast as I've ever seen a chameleon go to get away from me. Chameleons are bad juju in Zambia, so people often kill them.

Visitors from our villages in Northwestern Provice. From left to right: Me, Kelly, Bozwell from Kawiko, John, and Dominic from Kelondu. Dominic is a shop owner and a pineapple farmer.



During technical training on this day we were learning about some of the agroforestry trees being used in Zambia. This big tree is a musang'u or acacia. It's very useful for farmers because it fixes nitrogen.
 
Cattle x-ing

This is one of the basic schools in Chalimbana we went to for world forestry day. A really big storm was rolling in when I took this picture.

1 comment: