Friday, February 11, 2011

It's time!

It’s finally time! I feel like I have waited so long for this time. I’m getting on the airplane in 3 days. I have been so happy to see so many friends and family in the last two months. Seeing all of you has really meant a lot to me, and has made me realize that it’s always worth making the effort to visit people you care about, even if it’s just for an hour. I’ll remember the times that I spent with everyone for a long time. I wish we could all be closer together. Keep up the good work everyone; that’s how we can stay close. If we all work toward the same thing, eventually, we’ll be back together again.

The best way to keep in touch with me while I’m in Zambia will be to write me. My mailing address will be:

Lawrence Maurin
Peace Corps
P.O. Box 50707
Lusaka, Zambia

Make sure you send letters via airmail. They should arrive in 2-4 weeks.
Right now I’m making final preparations: getting everything packed, getting my paperwork organized, getting anxious about travelling ( I don’t like airports for a lot of reasons), and trying to think of last minute things I need to bring. My bags are actually a lot lighter than I thought they might be. Plus, I can get almost everything I will need once I get to Zambia.

Yesterday, I got to go fishing with Scotty (the bro) and went out for some really good BBQ spare ribs at Robin’s in Pasadena. Tomorrow, I will have one last day of fun in the United States for a while! Birding in the AM, followed by beer and good, real Mexican food in the PM.

Thanks again for the support everyone. Make sure to become a follower of my blog, so you can be updated when a new post is up!

1 comment:

  1. Whats your last beer going to be before you depart. Widmer Hef, Salmon Creek Octoberfest, Corona Light? Hope it's a good one because it will be your last for quite sometime, other than banana beers or Tusker.

    Ahoj Joe

    ReplyDelete